Pre-Travel Testing Program to Begin Oct. 15 (Summary)
All individuals, both residents and visitors, arriving from out-of-state to Hawaii are still subject to a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine.
The Pre-Travel Testing Program is scheduled to begin on October 15. Pre-travel testing provides travelers with an alternative to the mandatory 14-day quarantine if they are tested no earlier than 72 hours before their flight arrives with an FDA-approved nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT), performed using a nasal swab, and can show proof of negative test results from a CLIA certified laboratory. Travelers also will have their temperatures checked upon arrival and must fill out a travel and health form. Upon arrival in Hawaii, passengers unable to provide proof of an approved negative test will be required to go into quarantine for 14 days or until they can provide proof of negative test results. For More information, visit https://www.hawaiitourismauthority.org/covid-19-updates/
Hawaii Quarantine Mandate for Trans-Pacific Travelers Extended Through August 31, 2020.
Effective August 11, 2020, Inter-island Travelers are Subject to a 14-day Self-Quarantine Mandate
HAWAII bound travelers:
- Hawaii Governor David Ige has mandated a self-quarantine for all persons entering the state (including visitors and returning residents) for 14 days or for the duration of their stay, whichever is shorter.
- Effective August 11, 2020, this order re-applied to persons traveling inter-island.
- Tentatively - Beginning October 15, all travelers arriving in Hawaii from out-of-state will be required to get a valid COVID-19 test within 72 hours of their trip, and to show proof of a negative test result at the airport, to avoid the 14-day quarantine. The FDA-approved PCR test from a CLIA-certified laboratory will need to be done prior to arrival. No testing will be provided upon arrival at the airport. For more information about the state’s pre-testing program, please visit: https://www.hawaiitourismauthority.org/covid-19-updates/
- This order does not apply to persons performing emergency response or critical infrastructure functions, who have been exempted by the Director of Emergency Management.
- Here’s what you need to know:
- Maui Condo and Home will NOT, by law, accommodate any traveler who has not taken the pre-arrival test, or anyone who has a positive test result and must self-quarantine.
- Visitors must send a copy of their NEGATIVE test result to Maui Condo and Home, prior to arrival, by emailing: Res@MauiCondoRes.com
- Maui Condo has a contact-less check-in. Guests will be sent their key-less door code, via the app, on the day of arrival. However, individual complexes may require check-in at the front desk on the property and may require proof of a negative test result.
- Governor Ige is requesting that travelers from out of state delay their visit until it is safe to travel.
- Visitors are responsible for quarantine costs.
- Visitors are to quarantine at their rented lodging.
- Residents are to quarantine in their homes.
- The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) has implemented measures to verify incoming passenger information before they leave the airport, to help ensure people are abiding by the traveler quarantine order.
- Data such as name, phone number, and address will be collected from the state’s agriculture form which travelers fill out prior to arrival.
- Violation of the Pre-test or quarantine is a misdemeanor and subject to a $5,000 fine and/or a year imprisonment.
Existing Reservations Through October 15, 2020
We encourage all guests who are subject to quarantine mandates and have existing reservations through October 15, 2020, to reschedule their visit at this time. Our reservations team will be reaching out to assist affected reservations. You may also reach our central reservations team 24-hours a day, seven days a week toll-free by calling 1-800-822-4409 from the U.S. and Canada. In addition, please note the following:
- Reservations made with third parties (including online travel agencies like Expedia, Booking, TripAdvisor, and others) can only be modified by contacting the third party directly.
- Reservations made on MauiCondo.com can be modified by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-822-4409.
Our team continues to closely monitor the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) statements and advisories regarding COVID-19. We continue to follow both WHO, CDC, and local/state health department guidance, as well as any guidance which may be issued by local/state health departments regarding recommended hygiene standards. We are also working closely with our industry and vendor partners to adopt best practices around cleaning processes. The rapidly evolving nature of this situation has resulted in new directives and legislation on a regular basis. So please continue to check here for the latest COVID-19 updates from the Hawaii government.
Our Cancellation Policy
In response to changing marketplace conditions, Maui Condo and Home is committed to ensuring our customers enjoy the most flexibility we can offer during these challenging times.
In addition, for all Maui Condo and Home managed condominium units, we are implementing the following cancellation policies:
- Changes to an Existing Reservation: For guests with existing and new reservations for future arrival dates between September 1 through December 14, 2020 (no stay dates between December 19 - January 3 & the month of February), including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes without a charge up to 14-days prior to arrival. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- Canceling a Reservation: For guests with existing and new reservations for future arrival dates between September 1 through December 14, 2020 (no stay dates between December 19 - January 3 & the month of February), including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow cancellation with a one-time $150.00 cancellation fee charge up to 14-days prior to arrival.
Please note that some exclusions may apply. This policy does not apply to travel associated with booking via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals. You are advised to contact the booking provider for information on their policies.
Introducing the Next Level of Clean
When you and your family stay with us, we want to help you stay healthy – from check-in to check-out. With hospital-grade disinfectants, even more, rigorous sanitization protocols, and a host of protective social distancing guidelines, you can look forward to your next vacation with us knowing we are already in the process of implementing the following next-level cleaning and safety standards:
Enhancing our Cleaning and Safety Protocols
- Implementing the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and government guidelines on health and hygiene standards
- Collaborating with our long-term third-party cleaning experts on comprehensive cleaning protocols
- Using CDC-approved cleaning materials that are effective against Novel Coronavirus
- Sanitizing high-touch surfaces at the front desk after each guest use, including counters, keyboards, payment stations, and key cards
- Applying a minimum of 24-hours for guest room sanitization between check-in’s
- Using enhanced cleaning procedures in high touch areas in guest rooms, such as light switches, remote controls, and door handles
For more information about our Next Level Clean, visit: NEXT LEVEL CLEAN