**NEW - Hawaii State Governor, Ige, announced that starting November 24, 2020, all travelers inbound to Hawaii must submit a Negative test result prior to departure. Failure to do so will result in mandatory 14-day quarantine.
Pre-Travel Testing Program to Begin Oct. 15 (Summary)
All individuals, both residents and visitors, arriving from out-of-state to Hawaii are still subject to a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine.
The Pre-Travel Testing Program is scheduled to begin on October 15. Pre-travel testing provides travelers with an alternative to the mandatory 14-day quarantine if they are tested no earlier than 72 hours before their flight arrives with an FDA-approved nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT), performed using a nasal swab, and can show proof of negative test results from a CLIA certified laboratory. Travelers also will have their temperatures checked upon arrival and must fill out a travel and health form. Upon arrival in Hawaii, passengers unable to provide proof of an approved negative test will be required to go into quarantine for 14 days or until they can provide proof of negative test results. See below for more information...
Be Prepared Before you Fly (Informational video link below)
6 Easy Steps:
1. Sign up to create a user account with the State of Hawaii. Go to https://travel.hawaii.gov
NOTE: Each traveling adult must create their own account.
Complete the profile questions, sign, and submit.
(Minors can be added onto an accompanying adults account.)
2. Enter your Trip details. Add a trip for each leg of travel. A QR code will be needed for each leg of your trip.
3. Upload your documents:
- First, upload your COVID test result. You are only able to upload a COVID-19 test result within 72 hours from the final leg.
- *If your test result is verified, the status of the document will shoe COVID Negative*
- Verification of tests requires that your name on the test result match the government ID, and name in the Travel Profile.
- Finally, upload a recent picture of yourself (selfies are okay)
** The questionnaire will be made available to you 24 hours before your departure
4. Log in to your user account and complete the Travel Health Questionnaire.
5. Receive your QR Code.
- After submitting your questionnaire, check your email for your QR Code.
- Use your phone to get the QR Code too. This will speed up your process at the airport.
6. When you arrive in Hawaii, to proceed through the airport checkpoint, have the following ready:
- QR Code. Your QR Code must be readily available on your mobile device or printed on paper.
- Have a valid government-issued ID for each traveling adult.
- Bring your cell phone... charged and working properly. Your contact information will be verified at the checkpoint.
- Be sure to bring your test results to the airport with you for the screening process for all Status results in Uploaded Documents.
Once you are screened at the airport, your Trip Details will be updated with your Safe Travels Exemption Information.
You will be able to show it to your ground transportation and hotel accommodations as evidence that you are exempt from the mandatory 14-day quarantine. It can be accessed under "Trips".
Please send a screenshot of your 'Safe Travel Exemption Information' to Maui Condo in order to receive access to your accommodation.
*If you did NOT participate in the Pre-Travel Testing Program, your 14-day quarantine will begin on the day you enter the State.