Travel Information: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
NOTICE: Hawaii Under Stay-at-Home and Quarantine Mandates
Effective March 25 at 12:01 a.m. through June 30, Hawaii Governor David Ige issued a proclamation ordering the entire state to stay at home and work from home.
Effective March 26 at 12:01 a.m. for an indefinite period of time, Hawaii Governor David Ige issued a proclamation mandating a self-quarantine for all persons entering the state (including visitors and, returning residents) for 14 days or for the duration of their stay, whichever is shorter. This order does not apply to persons performing emergency response or critical infrastructure functions who have been exempted by the Director of Emergency Management. At this time, the 14 day self-quarantine will not end prior to July 31, 2020.
Effective April 1, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. for an indefinite period of time, Hawaii Governor David Ige issued a proclamation mandating a 14 day self-quarantine for all inter-island travelers, with only limited exceptions, such as for health care workers.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Governor Ige has made the unprecedented request that visitors delay their visit and not travel to Hawaii at this time.
- The mandate applies to all arrivals to the state of Hawaii, including residents and guests.
- The mandate also applies to inter-island travel.
- Visitors are responsible for quarantine costs.
- Visitors are to quarantine at their rented lodging.
- Residents are to quarantine in their homes.
- Data such as name, phone number and address will be collected from the state’s agriculture form that travelers fill out prior to arrival.
- Violation of the quarantine is a misdemeanor and subject to a $5,000 fine and/or jail time.
We ask that all guests with existing reservations through July 31, 2020 reschedule their visit at this time. Due to high call volumes at this time, we encourage you to utilize our online form here (https://www.mauicondo.com/customer-service) to log your request, and a member of our team will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Please be assured that our reservations team will be reaching out to assist affected reservations or, you may reach our reservations team toll-free by calling 1-800-451-5008 from the U.S. and Canada, or Worldwide Direct at +1-808-879-5445.
Our Cancellation Policy
In response to changing marketplace conditions, Maui condo and Home is committed to ensuring our customers enjoy the most flexibility we can offer during these challenging times. In places where there are existing government restrictions around travel, we will continue to provide waiver of change fees or offer full refunds.
In addition, for all Maui Condo and Home managed condominium units, we are implementing the following policies:
- For guests with existing and new reservations for future arrival dates between August 1 till December 14, 2020 (no stay dates after December 19, 2020), including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes without a charge up to 14-days prior to arrival. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For guests with existing and new reservations for future arrival dates between August 1 till December 14, 2020 (no stay dates after December 19, 2020), including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow cancellation with a one-time $150.00 cancellation fee charge up to 14-days prior to arrival.
Please note that some exclusions may apply. This policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group booking. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
Our teams continue to closely monitor the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) statements and advisories regarding COVID-19. We continue to follow both WHO, CDC and local/state health department guidance, as well as any guidance which may be issued by local/state health departments regarding recommended hygiene standards. We are also working closely with our industry and vendor partners to adopt best practices around cleaning processes.
The rapidly evolving nature of this situation has resulted in new directives and legislation on almost a daily basis. Please continue to check here for the latest COVID-19 updates.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness
The health and safety measures that are already in place at our managed condominium units are designed to address a broad spectrum of issues, including COVID-19. Those health and safety measures extend from handwashing hygiene to cleaning product recommendations being shared with the service providers who care for our managed units.
Our associates have been instructed to follow the WHO and CDC recommendations for everyday preventative actions to help prevent the spread of diseases, and we encourage all guests to do the same both at home and while at our resorts.